It's all about me...

I am new to blogging so I am just writing whatever comes to mind. Some areas in which I am particularly focused on sharing include my perspective and relationships and social and political issues and of course I will comment on other blogs that sparks issues that are of interest.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Comments on Urban Sista's blog - Federal tsunami aid hits $425-million ... as cash woes hurt African AIDS fight

Thank you for raising such an important social issue. Two dynamics bring us to this point. Racism and the power of 'a story'. A huge tidal wave wiping out nations of 'simple' people is a better cover page then the slow death of a 'backward' society that should have known better. I use the quotes to highlight the racist generalizations that white media has labeled the people of South Asia and Africa. My heart goes out to the people in South Asia - recognizing other issues is not to trivialize the experience they are facing. I am actually surprised they have gotten so much exposure. The power of the media at it's best. I am happy that the hype has helped people contribute. But I think it rarely comes from the heart. I guess the world felt a social burden to make up for all the racism towards the other facet of 'brown' people. If the U.S. puts millions towards helping South Asians then I guess we can't see them has monsters for trying to spend billions on annihilating another society (I mean looking for weapons of mass destruction - what a joke - today's news is stating that the U.S. government is admitting there are no weapons of mass destruction the weapons that are a threat now are the homemade items for warfare. Another oxymoron - of course the people made weapons you killed their family members. OK I need to grow write a blog on that two). My point is the media gets their story the white people feel better for 'doing something' for the inferior nations and Africa continues to live in the devastation that was put upon them. I have never seen a bigger tragedy that what has been done to that continent. If you don't know you better get a book. Thanks Urban Sista for sparking about one hundred blog topics for me. As long as some people keep asking the important questions maybe someday we will find the answers. I will now go visit www.msf.ca and follow your lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home