It's all about me...

I am new to blogging so I am just writing whatever comes to mind. Some areas in which I am particularly focused on sharing include my perspective and relationships and social and political issues and of course I will comment on other blogs that sparks issues that are of interest.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Comments on another blog...

Very interesting blog. I am new to this and it is nice to see someone get to serious issues by expressing personal issues. I am a white woman and in University my senior research examined how slavery and eugenics impacted relationships. It had caused deep rooted damage. This is not to say that it can't be overcome but the social constructions of our society and the institutions and attitudes continue to perpetuate and support negative situations for the 'black' family. As a strong woman one of my reco's is to see that you are dealing with the complexity of the added dimension of being in a time when we are changing the model of the family. The nuclear 'white' model of the family was socially constructed to oppress womyn. With financial and sexual independence womyn are stepping out of this mold. To go back to the holistic model of the family in this eurocentric society is an almost defeasted challenge. I am not suggesting it is impossible, only raising the added complexity that makes it near impossible. The important thing I think is to realize all that is going on and that some of these complexities are bigger than the individual. Although we may not have the answers the one answer that I have discovered is that we must focus on loving ones self. Having that strong foundation will enable us to deal with all of the other challenges in life. May you all be blessed to be smart enough to see what's going on and how much love is all around you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home