It's all about me...

I am new to blogging so I am just writing whatever comes to mind. Some areas in which I am particularly focused on sharing include my perspective and relationships and social and political issues and of course I will comment on other blogs that sparks issues that are of interest.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Partying in Toronto

I felt the need to post a comment on someones blog on Warner parties. I typed so long I said wow I really should share this issue with others. Let me know what you think:

Thank you for the forum to comment on Warner jams. I personally can't stand them. I consider myself a very serious party girl but I have never enjoyed the vibe at these jams. Never mind that I am not paying that kind of money for a regular club. And yes I put Studio into this category and even Chocolate Lounge is similar. The last time I went to this so called 'up scale' club we got pepper sprayed. Can you imagine? And when I called the next day to ask what kind of poison they were responsible for having me ingest they told me they couldn't tell me but I need to understand that sometimes this happens at black parties but I could have a free dinner. Did they really think I would ever go back? And that's what happens? Nice perspective. It really saddens me because it's like we can't have a classy affair? And Warner jams - if they work for you that's great but I don't need to see 'bashy trashy' (yes me and my girls have some made up terms) and snobby haters sew some paper towel together and call it a dress. And all that hard work just to come and pose with a screw face?! No thanks, I go out to have fun. And speaking of made up words: the men at Warner jams (not all but some) fall into our definition of 'trickery' - that is to put on sunglasses and/or a hat and dress nice but look good from far but far from good. You with me? I don't go through this when trying to go somewhere nice in Boston, NYC or Florida. T. we have to pick it up. Don't worry there is hope. I went to the urban music awards about a month ago and afterwards I went to the Little X party. It was nice. Lot's of beautiful people - womyn hotter than me for sure and the vibe was nice. Actually classy, stylish and a good vibe. I will be going to Kardinals xmas party tomorrow night at Indian Motorcyle so I will let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home